In this week’s episode of the Creative Introvert podcast I talk to Jessica Serran, Visual Artist and the leader of the Becoming Artist Movement.
Born in Ontario, Canada, Jessica holds an MA in Transformative Art from JFK University and a BFA in Illustration from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. When not in her studio, she helps visual artists discover their Creative Calling and become leaders of an International Creative Movement through the power of community.
What we discussed:
- Jessica’s unconventional upbringing and journey into the art world
- Should art making come easy to us?
- The inner critic, limiting beliefs and the creative process
- The work we can do to smash the ‘starving artist’ myth
- The experience of putting on live events as an introvert
- What does it mean to be an artist?
- The importance of community and how to make collaboration work