In this episode of The Creative Introvert podcast I interview Youngman Brown of Your Creative Push.
I’ll admit it. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been going through a real slump in motivation. May be it’s the change of season – there’s something about being by the sea – even in England – that when the sun comes out, it becomes intensely hard to think of anything other than grabbing a beer and taking the afternoon off.
Just me? Hope not.
This is why I’m so grateful for people like today’s guest whose podcast Your Creative Push is there for me to give me a much needed dose of motivation and inspiration.
Really – the conversations and topics that Youngman Brown covers on his podcast have been a real source of creative fuel for me. It’s so comforting to know that – as much as I love being alone – I’m not alone in this creative journey.
If you’ve ever felt that slump in your creative drive or just need a kick up the bum to get that project finished – or started – then I think you’ll get a LOT out of today’s guest interview.
- Why Youngman encourages people to pay attention to their creative drive and just start
- Overcoming the resistance to creating
- My favourite motivational quote
- When we should incubate an idea and when we need to get it out
- Is having multiple creative outlets a good thing?
- Why goals aren’t everything (and can be harmful)
- What 200+ guests on Your Creative Push have in common
- The dreaded… imposter syndrome
- Why it’s OK to have the fear
- Nervous farts!